Working out means putting aside your other chores and finally making time for yourself. Spending some time alone on a treadmill or squat rack can be recoverable — all you need to do is reset and refocus. Sometimes, however, it feels like you are part of a team.
If you want to feel burned out without feeling alone, this might be a good time to try a group workout class. Whether you are looking for a group workout class for beginners or small group training, there is a class for everyone. In this guide, we’ll help you find inspiration in five different style workout classes to refresh your fitness routine.
5 group workout classes you should try
There is no shortage of group workout classes that you can benefit from. In fact, with such a wide range of activities, it can be difficult to know where to start.
Don’t get me wrong, fitness guru. We’ve put together a list of the top five group workout classes you should explore regardless of your fitness goals.
# 1 circuit training
The gym mixes up exactly what things come with floor circuit training. It usually consists of a series of fast, different exercises and focuses on breaks rather than overall duration.
Circuit training will often involve:
- Multiple different stations or exercises
- Each has a specific time, such as 30 seconds or 1 minute
- Repeat the circuit, usually with a short break after a set is completed
They are also a great way to burn off some of those calories and give a new spin to strength training.
Add # 2
If you are not involved in much physical activity, try a yoga class Usually led by a professional yogi, yoga classes help improve flexibility, strengthen tone and muscles, and strengthen breathing. There are also several yoga styles that offer a variety of exercises.1
Some styles tend to be more demanding physically while others are more relaxed and meditative.
Some popular practices include:
- Vinayasa Yoga
- Hot yoga
- Restorative yoga
- Prenatal yoga
- Yoga accordingly
Also, a well-designed yoga class will include a variety of postures to match different power levels. So, grab a few friends who are itching to test their skills on the mat and move your flow forward as a group.
# 3 HIIT
HIIT workouts can be fun on their own and in a group exercise class. If you are looking for a new workout method – and a way to burn fat faster – high intensity interval training may be fine. It usually consists of phases in intense movements for short periods of time, then less vigorous periods designed for recovery.
The best part? Most HIIT workouts are short, lasting a total of 30 to 60 minutes from start to finish. So, if you still want to work up a sweat but are stressed for time, then HIIT workouts are easy enough to hide during lunch break or before night out with friends.
# 4 Bootcamp
If you are looking for a challenge then a boot camp class is sure to push you to your limits. It balances strength training, cardio and high-intensity movement.
What can you expect in a boot camp class? Here are some common exercises:
- Highlighted above
- Weight lifting
Different types of exercises lend themselves to full body workouts-And Keeps your mind and body engaged from the moment you lace up.
# 5 Cycling
You don’t have to have a bike to get all the cardio benefits from the two-wheeled express — just sign up for cycling classes at your local studio. Cycling group classes alternate between fast motion and usually standing and sitting paddling and varied resistance and intensity.
Gym and fitness clubs often have dedicated space for cycling classes and are led by a group of instructors. This is an exciting way to pump your blood and increase your heart rate. Also, unlike traditional cycling, you can get rid of rain or shine on the bike.
What are the benefits of a group workout class?
Juggling daily responsibilities and the things that life brings can sometimes push you to the bottom of your to-do list.
Group workout classes are an incredible way to replenish your enthusiasm and light some kind of motivational fire. Not only do they offer a variety of health benefits ranging from weight loss to disease risk reduction, but they also highlight it from traditional, single workouts.2
Among their many benefits, group workout classes allow you to:
- Be believable – Instead of just winging it, group fitness classes usually set a schedule to help you keep track and stay motivated.
- Challenge yourself – Cutting corners can be tempting when working alone. However, with a group fitness class, your classmates can help you stay motivated — or increase competition.
- Take advantage of a trainer – Group fitness classes are usually conducted by a professional instructor to help guide you. They can teach you the correct form and help you with various workouts to meet your skill level.
Explore the best group workout classes, including Choose Fitness
Whether you’re new to group workouts or want to change things a bit, Choose fitness That’s exactly what you’re looking for. We are a welcoming community of inspired athletes who are committed to helping you reach your fitness goals. Find the best workout classes for weight loss, strength training, cardio, and more, regardless of your fitness level.
We are thrilled to offer an affordable, friendly environment where gym-passengers feel supported and encouraged to do their best. When you’re ready for the next group workout class, rely on Choose Fitness to stay with you.
- The body of the mind is green 11 Types of Yoga: A breakdown of the main styles. https://www.mindbodygreen.com/articles/the-11-major-types-of-yoga-explained-simply
- Regiment fitness. 7 Spectacular Benefits Of Group Fitness Classes For Your Health https://regymenfitness.com/7-spectacular-benefits-of-group-fitness-classes-for-your-health/
- Circuit Living. Popular group fitness classes – and what to expect from everyone. https://circuitliving.com/popular-group-fitness-classes-and-what-to-expect-from-each-one/